Sunday, February 21, 2010

Trying to Keep it Simple











So It's just me and my boys for a few days. Chris is at Chick-fil-a's annual seminar. I'm keeping it simple while daddy's gone. Stayed at home and enjoyed watching the snow fall in a warm apartment. Eggs and toast for breakfast and some grapes to finish off- Joshua was satisfied with that :) random:I've come to enjoy the Disney channel, kind of scary how addicting, seriously Miley Cyrus is hilarious (we would have been best friends in school). I cut my own bangs while the boys took their afternoon naps YIKES! (I later pinned them back),PB and J for lunch with yogurt and fruit(Easy-simple), a little indoor golfing, playing with cars, chasing eachother up and down the hall, wrestling, left over spaghetti and salad for dinner, paper plates,tickling, snacking on banana puffs, flash cards (counting),bath for both of them, snuggles, simple prayer and night night time...The theme of today could have been "keeping it simple". Sometimes it's the simplest things that bring so much delight.

Something else reminding me to keep things simple (not shallow-there's a huge difference)- "Christian meditation, very simply, is the ability to hear God's voice and obey his word. It is that simple"- R. Foster

While simple, it is just taking the time to hear God's voice, that becomes an unexpected battle, for me. I too often have time for everything else, but to spend time with my God. Oh the distractions...long distance accountability? anyone? anyone? beuler?

The Celebration of Discipline. I started reading the book a while ago, but did not make time to finish. HAH! the irony! so I've started again- It's really good so far, so if anyone else wants to join me in reading it that would be great! Speaking of discipline, I'm also "bringing it!!" P90x that is! Any takers? I love and miss you- friends and family! Good night!

2 comments:

  1. I love and miss you guys so much. The pics are precious. I love Hananna Montana too:)

    God is teaching me a lot of the same treasures Sheila. It was great talking with you for a moment last night. You are such a wonderful sister to me!

    Of course, count me in on long distance accountability!

    As for P90X....I am interested, but don't have any of the equipment or videos. Did you already buy the videos?

    Loving and Praying for you all. Give Joshua and Paul and kiss and hug from me....tell them it's from there Aunt Tee Tee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine told me about your blog. I LOVE to read blogs of women who love God and who are real! I've already enjoyed reading your blog! Thanks for being so open and real. Love that! I saw you are doing P90X!! I'm a coach for the Company Beachbody who produces the DVD. I would love to help you out on this journey.Do you have a coach? All programs come with a free coach. If you have any questions or want some more info email me at, only1princessleah@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete